Installing ESXi Using vSphere Auto Deploy – Section 2
Auto Deploy Architecture – Section 2
The Auto Deploy infrastructure consists of several components as shown below.
vSphere Auto Deploy Architecture:
Table 2 explains the function of each component of the Auto Deploy architecture:
|Auto Deploy Server||Serves images and host profiles to ESXi hosts. The Auto Deploy server is at the heart of the Auto Deploy infrastructure.|
|Auto Deploy Rules Engine||Tells the Auto Deploy server which image profile and which host profile to serve to which host. Administrators use the Auto Deploy PowerCLI to define the rules that assign image profiles and host profiles to hosts.|
|Image Profiles||Define the set of VIBs to boot ESXi hosts with.
|Host Profiles||Define machine-specific configuration such as networking or storage setup. Administrators create host profiles by using the host profile UI. You can create a host profile for a reference host and apply that host profile to other hosts in your environment for a consistent configuration.|
|Host Customization||Stores information that the user provides when host profiles are applied to the host. Host customization might contain an IP address or other information that the user supplied for that host. Host customization was called answer file in earlier releases of Auto Deploy.|
Please enter a keyword.
- Rockin’ the CASB – What you need to know about Cloud Access Security Brokers …
- Cloud Tweaks Blog … What Do You Know About Cloud Security?
- Security Awareness @ ISC2 Security Congress 2015
- Secure the Power of the Cloud … (and get certified while doing it)
- Announcing Exchange Server 2016 Preview!
- VMware Scripting Overview – A quick look under the hood
- Checklist: Use AD FS to implement and manage single sign-on with Server 2012/R2
- Checklist: Setting up a Federation Server (ADFS) for use with Office 365 on Windows Server 2008/R2
- The (ISC)² CISSP Domain Refresh … Are you prepared?
- vSphere 6.0 is on the way !!! …. Are you ready???